The companyOur client is a professional organisation, based in Cambridgeshire United Kingdom. Our client is a food producing company with a global footprint.
Role descriptionBring supply and demand for sustainable ingredient products together within the core business. You will determine the needs of the market, plan and build sourcing/supply side platforms, optimise structure of manufacturing resources, structure and manage relationships with certification schemes and other key stakeholders, define the features and benefits of the sustainable product offering and provide sales with the tools and marketing support required for success in the market.
Responsibilities· Lead a strategically focused, cross-functional, global business initiative, which positions the company as a world leader in sustainability.
· Guide and direct a multi-function group of core business managers from trading, product-line management, manufacturing, sourcing, product development, logistics, quality, sales/marketing, corporate communications and other functions in order to achieve short and long term strategic sustainability goals.
· Direct sustainability efforts for all key global origins and for all core global markets thus effectively unifying sustainable sourcing with sustainable market demand.
· Organise and decide with the trade desks the procurement of sustainable products and carefully manage sustainable stocks.
· Determine the product offering per certification scheme and per product-line.
· Supervise relationships with certification schemes to assure that we are in tune with the sales efforts they are making.
· Assure plants are capable to deliver the certified sustainable products required by customers. Establish and maintain required tracing documentation practices. Oversee management of sustainable product stocks.
· Determine for the sales force the sustainable product offering and provide the support necessary in the form of standard as well as customer tailored solutions.
· Frequently visit customers to be the face of our sustainability drive and to understand first-hand customer needs. Proactively brand and continuously communicate the strategy, the programs and the success stories internally and externally with key customers and stakeholders to underscore leadership position.
· With support from Government relations, corporate communications/CSR and others, take responsibility for and lead global interactions with ingredients sustainability stakeholders including global/regional NGO’s, associations and foundations, selected government representatives and key opinion leaders.
Requirements· University degree or equivalent in business, agri-business or food science.
· 10-15 years’ experience in the food industry, preferably including a GM role.
· Solid understanding of B2B sales, key account relations and commodity trading processes.
· A strategic thinker who can work well in a multi functional global business environment.
· Solid understanding of operations, agricultural processes and supply-chain challenges.
· An existing working knowledge of key sustainability and corporate social responsibility stakeholders.
· Willingness to travel 1/3rd of the time.
Other informationAre you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Riko Arends.