The companyOur client is a professional organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. This is an unique opportunity to work for a food multinational.
Role descriptionIn this role you will be part of the Scientific Affairs team and you will report to the Scientific Affairs Director. You will help the company to develop and promote products that deliver on our commitment to plant-based nutrition in a responsible and compelling manner. The key to be successful in this role is to cooperate in a proactive way with the global marketing and communications teams. Furthermore you will engage with researchers and opinion-leaders and you will be a trusted voice in the debate on plant-based nutrition.
ResponsibilitiesCommunication and Marketing:
o Work proactively with global brand teams on product positioning and claims
o Develop and deliver the nutrition elements of our category communication programme
o Co-development of knowledge-based selling materials, trade presentations, social media and website content
o Application of relevant nutrition criteria to substantiate claims and other nutrition or health messaging in all markets, advising product developers
o Portfolio management, assess and develop mitigation plans for changes to statutory nutrition requirements, including labelling, also voluntary commitments and guidance
o Manage relations with leading institutions and researchers to keep our knowledge, and theirs, up to date regarding our products, ingredients and manufacturing techniques
o Represent scientific, technical interests as needed, through industry associations and/or direct with regulatory bodies, authorities, scientists.
Requirements· Higher degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or Food Science. Current Registered Dietician (RD) or national equivalent status highly preferred.
· Minimum 10 years’ professional experience managing nutrition or science communication, product development, or as a senior dietician in a multinational food company, government or national authority. At least 5 years in industry is desirable.
· Good working knowledge of the global food and health policy environment.
· Excellent external networks / credibility with regulatory authorities and scientists
· Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing business environment
· Good influencing and communication skills; ability to communicate scientific information to individuals from other disciplines or from non-technical backgrounds. Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams and in multi-cultural environments
· Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in one or more European languages is desirable.
· Travel Required-Approximately ca. 10% depending on role and business needs
Other informationAre you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Joris Opdam.