The companyOur client is a professional Biotechnology organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. The Janssen Infectious Diseases & Vaccines multidisciplinary development team, including physicians, virologists, toxicologists, statisticians, data managers, experts in chemistry and pharmaceutics, regulatory experts and project managers among others, is dedicated to the rapid development of transformational medicines and vaccines.
Role descriptionThe Scientist is responsible for the complete trajectory of formulation development, including writing plans, managing the experimental work, analyzing the data and reporting the results in written and oral form. The individual creates Intellectual Property with an enterprise-wide mindset and participates in project teams and other forums where formulation expertise is required.
Responsibilities• Provides translation of scientific goals into actions to accomplish the targets or project needs
• Designs experiments to reach these project targets. Accountable for accompanying documentation such as Study Plans and Study Reports.
• Adheres to timelines for performing experiments, and aligns with technicians
• Participates in DPD sub-teams, ensuring alignment with project needs through Technical Integrator
• Is accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results
• Discusses problems and presents plans and data in the Science Meeting. Presents regularly during the Journal Club. Pro-active intellectual participation in DPD science meetings, fully engaged
• Ensures the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments and justifies the purchase of new materials and equipment
• Provides training and coaching of trainees and assistant/associate scientists
Requirements- PhD in a relevant discipline, like (medical) biology, pharmaceutical sciences or (bio)chemistry
- Familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, container-closure systems and stability studies is a prerequisite, as is a working knowledge of assays and quality systems, like GMP.
- Minimal 1-3 years industry experience
- Fluent in English (Dutch not needed)
- Valid EU work permit
Other informationYou will get a contract for one year; prolongation is anticipated. Full time is the aim, 32-hours open for discussion.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Naut van Osnabrugge.